Friday 4 July 2008

Harajuku, Yoyogi Park and Meiji Jingu

So, we went to Harajuku some days ago, we've actualy been there ore than once, and here are the photos:



These weren't taken when we went there shopping, but another day, when we went to collect our DespairsRay tickets.


People picture...


More people picture


Niice shop




Street shot


These crepes with fresh fruit and such are SOOOOOOO deliscious!! Hmmm, Louise looks a bit stoned XD

Lets try again


XD hehehe

Photos from another day at Harajuku:


Wooooo!! Angels Nest!! Serious business this is!! I was all in awe, but the others didn't feel like going in there, so I stepped in by myself!!
I didn't buy anything for the dolls yet, but man it was awesome to be in there!

Some time during the day, we decided on going to Harajuku Bridge, even though it was not on a day that there would be any one there... and then we kinda ended up going into Yoyogi Park, and "stumbled" into Meiji Jingu (a big temple in the middle of the forest)
It was so amazing!! After many days of being surrounded by crowds of people, it was so nice to see green, and relax in the calming atmosphere of the temple.


In the forest


I gota stop with the hand signing.... it's really getting old XD




I'm thinking this is sake.... since on the opposite side of the road, there was a wall of barrols with wine from all over the world... but I really don't know


Huge gate you had to pass.


And I mean huge!!! And magnificent!! (det sagde hun også igår.... hedr hedr hedr)




Infront of the temple grounds


In the temple court


So pretty!!


Roof structure.... argh I loved it there!


There is three gates into the temple, this was one of them




If you paid 500yen you could write a wish or a prayer on a board and hang it among all the others.




The gates into the inner shrine where you could pray


The shrine itself.... you were not allowed (of course) to go in there, but you could stand at a distance












Temple court yard again




In the evening, the court yard will be lit up by thes lanterns


West gate. I think


The "alley" outside the temple


Some washed their hands here, others took a sip


From the outside, looking in


Still from the outside


I found the blinds interesting ^__^




I was so in love with this door!!


I caought a glimpse of this woman, but nothing more


This was a special hall, reserved for ceremonies and prayer, so it was not allowed to go inside and take photos.... so you'll have to settle with my reflection XD

On our way out of the temple.... we ran into Masa, who works at our hotel XD he'd never been at the temple before either... so we walked back to the station together, and he and I talked about culture and good places to go see. His english is prety god, as he's been abroad for quite a while, and just returned to Japan some 2 months ago or so.

Next post; Tokyo Disney Resort

No comments:

Post a Comment